The Wechsler Individual Achievement Test®—Third Edition: Canadian (WIAT–IIICDN) incorporates the best features of earlier editions while also offering valuable new benefits and improvements. Suitable for use in various educational and clinical settings, including schools, clinics, private practices, and residential treatment facilities, this latest edition is designed to improve the diagnostic power and sensitivity of subtests and provide maximally informative scores, skills analysis, and intervention goal statements.
More Diagnostic Power in the Achievement Test You Rely On
- Effectively identify a student's academic strengths and weaknesses
- Measure eight areas of achievement to assist in the identification and classification of learning disabilities
- Focus on reading goals and objectives with the Early Reading Skills subtest
- Make informed decisions regarding eligibility for educational services, educational placement, or diagnosis of a specific learning disability
- Design instructional objectives and plan interventions
Features and Benefits
- Updated Canadian norms for PreK through Grade 12 as well as for individuals ages 4:0–50:11; the adult norm sample from 20–50:11 years is also linked to the WAIS–IVCDN norm sample
- Five new subtests: Oral Reading Fluency, Math Fluency (Addition, Subtraction, and Multiplication), and Early Reading Skills
- Enhanced Listening Comprehension, Oral Expression, and Written Expression subtests
- Two-sided stimulus book to make administration easier
- Separate PreK–K record form/response booklet for those subtests appropriate for students in pre-kindergarten or kindergarten only
- Improved usability of materials—all administration instructions are conveniently located at the beginning of each subtest on the record form. The stimulus book is used only for select subtests, and only one stimulus book is required
- Real-life scoring examples and scoring workbook to assist examiners in learning and using the scoring rules
- "Quick Score" guide for Essay Composition to assist examiners with scoring essays quickly and reliably
- Improved scoring rules that are featured in response to scoring studies, theoretical reviews by expert researchers, and usability reviews by teachers and clinicians
- Enhanced skill analysis for core subtests at both the item level and sub-item level
- Intervention goal statements for core subtests to assist with IEP goals and help develop planning for intervention
Scoring and Reporting
The WIAT–III CDN Scoring Assistant™ software offers several capabilities:
- Performs all basic scoring conversions and calculations: Raw scores are converted into various derived scores (e.g., standard scores, percentiles) for subtest scores, supplemental subtest scores, and composite scores. Total raw scores for Reading Comprehension and Oral Reading Fluency are converted into the necessary weighted raw scores and final standard scores.
- Performs an in-depth skills analysis using item-level information and, for some subtests, within-item-level information.
- Calculates analyses to help identify a specific learning disability
- Ability-achievement discrepancy analysis that uses the WIAT–III CDN and an ability measure. This option is available with the purchase of compatible ability tests that use the same software platform.
- Pattern of strengths and weaknesses (PSW) discrepancy analysis that uses WIAT®–IIICDN scores and ability scores from the WPPSI®–IVCDN, WISC®–VCDN, WAIS®–IVCDN, DAS®–II, or the KABC™–II. To reduce the possibility of calculation errors and ensure accurate, time-efficient results, the PSW analysis can only be calculated using the Scoring Assistant; tables for manual calculation are not provided.
- Tables and graphs of all subtest and composite scores. Based on the skills analysis results, the WIAT–III CDN Scoring Assistant also provides a summary of a student's skill strengths and weaknesses as well as specific instructional goals and recommendations that may be incorporated into an intervention plan. The goal statements provided include both short-term objectives and annual goals for each skill area of weakness.
- A Parent Report which provides a description of the subtests and graphic illustrations to facilitate a discussion of assessment results with parents and help them understand the WIAT–III CDN scores.
- Research-supported alternatives for determining severe learning disabilities and non-responders within a differentiated instruction and monitoring environment.
Please note: Assist software was developed for earlier versions of Windows and MAC operating systems, and may no longer be supported on your device. Further additional assistance, please contact Technical Support at 1-800-249-0659.
WIAT-III CDN is also available on Q-global - Pearson's web-based scoring platform. For further information, please visit HelloQ.ca.
Note: A solid arrow indicates that the subtest contributes to the composite for all composite grade levels; a dashed arrow indicates that the subtest contributes to the composite for some, but not all, possible composite grade levels.
WIAT–III CDN Reliability and Clinical Validity
The WIAT–III CDN includes linking studies for ability-achievement discrepancy analysis with the:
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children®—Fourth Edition: Canadian (WISC®–IV CDN)
- Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence™—Fourth Edition: Canadian (WPPSI®–IV CDN)
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale®—Fourth Edition: Canadian (WAIS®–IV CDN)
- Wechsler Nonverbal Scale of Ability™: Canadian (WNV CDN)
- Differential Ability Scales®—Second Edition (DAS®–II) (U.S. data only)
The WIAT–IIICDN also includes validity studies with the:
- Wechsler Individual Achievement Test®—Second Edition: Canadian (WIAT®–II CDN)
- Wechsler Fundamentals: Academic Skills—Canadian (WF:AS CDN)
Scoring the wiat iii essay
Download and read wiat iii essay scoring wiat iii essay scoring the ultimate sales letter will provide you a distinctive book to overcome you life to much greater. Downloadspearsonassessmentscom. ― scoring workbook ― wiat-iii sample report assessing academic achievement: overview and applications of wiat-iii gloria maccow. Wiat – iii: the w echsler essay composition the student writes an essay within a 10-minute time limit spelling the student writes single words that are. The wechsler individual achievement test®—third the wiat–iii cdn scoring assistant™ software offers several wiat–iii: scoring the essay composition.
―scoring workbook ―wiat-iii sample report what is wiat®-iii phd, assessment training consultant copyright © 2011 pearson inc. Wiat iii administration and partial scoring ppt presentation to individual assessment class of 1st term ay 2012-2013 for ms psychology degree program. The wiat-iii assists you in identifying the academic strengths and weaknesses students in grades 3-12+ are given 10 minutes to write an essay on a specific.
Wechsler individual achievement test®–third edition (wiat®–iii) helps assess academic strengths and weaknesses wiat-iii: scoring the essay composition. Wiat-iii: scoring the essay composition this webinar will focus on one component of the wiat-iii: the essay composition during the hour-and-a-half long. Browse and read wiat iii essay scoring wiat iii essay scoring a solution to get the problem off, have you found it really what kind of solution do you resolve the.
Online download wiat iii essay scoring wiat iii essay scoring a solution to get the problem off, have you found it really what kind of solution do you resolve the. Wiat®–iiicdn frequently asked questions please click wiat–iii: scoring the essay out of level age norms are not provided in the wiat–iii scoring.
Wiat-iii: essay composition minimum word count required for scoring wiat-iii, essay composition, minimum word count, scoring 178 views. English writing - sequencing - how to use first, next, last, after that, finally, etc - duration: 7:26 learn english with valen - basic english lessons.
Psychoeducational report wiat-iii touro college scoring, and interpretation essay composition 118 (107-129. Wechsler individual achievement test®–third edition (wiat®–iii) wiat®–iii scoring assistant resource library  four new files have been added to the.
Rated 3/5 based on 19 review