This is a free tool designed for students and teachers to generate high quality essay topics. Our team is working hard to add more titles into the mix to this generator and to make our search results more relevant to our searchers. Here is how you can help this generator tool to stay afloat and to evolve: tell your students about this tool, link to us from your university blog, reference us on your website, share it on Facebook or other social media, e-mail us top critical suggestions, e-mail us topic lists that you would like us to add into this mix yet please make sure to classify them by topic type and topic’s subject area. Feel free to find topics for a research paper of your choice. We all must contribute to this project in order to keep it free, functional and up to date. Our goal is to make this Essay Topic Generator a #1 help tool when it comes to selecting a great paper topic for your assignment! Our essay title generator is very easy to use and it creates adequate titles and topics based on your keywords and selection. We generate only the best essay topics yet if needed you can click on the button twice and it will randomly refresh the list and give you addition topic ideas. This is a free essay help tool that is constantly evolving. One of our future goals is to create a free essay generator tool. Please comment on the functionality and usefulness. Please "like" and "share" out free tool in order for it to gain popularity. Our tool is equivalently good to find research paper topics for high school, college and university teachers and students.
When having to write an essay, students often find themselves between a rock and a hard place, so to say. If their instructor gives them a topic to write a paper on, they feel unsatisfied, because the topic seems complicated or boring. However, when the instructor proposes students to choose the topic on their own, students can get even more frustrated. Why? Because they have to choose from a vast amount of possible topics, and even when they manage to choose one, it is not necessarily satisfying and easy to write about. Knowing how to choose a topic is crucial for all writing, and below is a brief guide explaining how to do it.
Steps for Choosing a Writing Topic
- Within the discipline you need to write the paper on, choose something interesting to you. If you cannot find anything that interests you, try searching for a topic that looks more interesting than others.
- Analyze the chosen topic. You need to figure out whether the topic is broad or narrow. A broad topic is one that does not provide you with specific information about what you need to write about. For example, the topic “Minerals on Mars” is an extremely broad topic, because it is unclear whether you need to write about all mineral deposits across the entire planet of Mars, or if you should focus only on crystalline minerals, or whether you should prove something true or wrong, and so on. A narrow topic provides you with a clue of what and how to write. For example, “Methane deposits on Mars as a source of fuel for Earth industries” is easier to write a paper about than a general topic.
- Make sure there are sources from which you can retrieve information on the topic of your choice. Even when your topic is narrow, if there are no materials on it, it will be impossible to write about.
Key Points to Consider
- Besides a topic being interesting personally to you, it should also match another important requirement, which is, “How much do you know about this topic?” An interesting topic can be so difficult that you may not write a single word, even if you are craving to do so. Therefore, choose carefully and make sure you know something about the topic of your choice.
- It is alright to reuse a topic you have already written a paper on. Just try approaching it from a different angle; for instance, if you wrote a persuasive essay against abortions, try writing a persuasive pro-abortion paper.
- Asking your teacher for a hint or a piece of advice on what topic is better to write about is a prudent idea.
- Choosing offbeat topics for the thrill of it is not good, because the more uncommon the topic is, the more difficult it will be for you to find sources.
Do and Don’t
– Choosing a boring topic because it is easy to write about. Being bored with the topic means writing a boring essay.
– Not narrowing a topic down and trying to write a paper about a “minerals-on-Mars” kind of topic.
– Reusing an old topic, but writing a paper from exactly the same perspective as the previous time.
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- 80+ essay types
- 1000+ essay samples
- Pro writing tips