“Child labour and poverty are inevitably bound together, and if you continue to use the labour of children as the treatment for the social disease of poverty, you will have both poverty and child labor to the end of time.”
In our country, there is the very significant social issue on the children. Child labour is the international concern because of its damages, spoils and destroys and exploiting the future of the children. Child labour problem is not only suffering in the India, but also in the other developing countries. It is a huge problem in India. The children are our hope and future of our nation, but, there are millions of children are deprived in our country. Child labour has never known an ordinary and carefree.
The law of our India says that for the child, that below an age of 14 cannot employ in any factory and offices or restaurant. These rules come into the human rights for the children. In fact, In India’s international business has been severely affected in many cases because child labour, violating human rights have used in some stage or the other in manufacturing and packaging those items. And, in a significant number of cases of export of ready-made garments, prawn, and several other items from India has been rejected on the grounds of child labor used.
In India, there is frequently utilization of child labour at various places of production and service such as Restaurant service, small-scale industry, domestic aid, shopkeeper’s assistant, stone breaking, bookbinding, not only in that but also in the small household industry.
Causes of child labour
There is the lack of work in the India. Most of the parents are not literate, and they have not any source of employment. Therefore they are unemployed and get his children on child labour. Their children are working just because their parents are unemployed.
There is poverty line elevated in the India. Almost in India, there are sick children and their families may rely on child labour to improve their chances of attaining necessities. According to the 2005 U.N statistics here, more than one-fourth of the world level lives in the extreme poverty. The intensified poverty in parts of Africa, Asia, and Latin America causes many children there to become child laborers.
Limitation of free education
In India, approximately 75 million children are not going to school, just because of the lack of free education. There are minimum schools in India, which is giving free education, but, most of the places have not any free education opportunities for the poor children.
A 2009 report by the United Nations estimated that achieving universal education for the world’s children would cost $10-30 billion — about 0.7% – 2.0% of the annual cost of global military spending.
Violation of the existing laws or codes
They often violated, who makes the laws or order in support of children. There are such instances; Most of the manufacturer and exporter have no any ideas about it that what type of workers and labour are working in his outsourcing and production. It can make a tough to monitor who is performing labour at each step of the process.
Child labor laws around the world are often not enforced or include exemptions that allow for child labor to persist in certain sectors, such as agriculture or domestic work. Even in countries where strong child labor laws exist, labor departments and labor inspection offices are often underfunded and understaffed, or courts may fail to enforce the laws. Similarly, many state governments allocate few resources to enforcing child labor laws.
Prevention of the child labour
There some prevention are as follows which is against the child labour
- There are many social issues of child labour which we have to eliminate from the different countries. Now, it should stop, and we have to follow up the necessary restrictions and rules on the regards of child labour.
- Each and every child should have the priority of the live with all facilities in the independent country. It will be very helpful for the children. If we help to the children and stand against the child labour then, so many children can join the proper schooling. They will get the regular education as well as the sports activity.
- If we will very restrict for solve the problem of child labour, then we would be able to force them better.
- Every country should have this restriction against the child labour. Children will get so much priority when all will stand for help to them.
- There should be awareness among the people to terminate the child labour from India because it can incur in our nearby future. Children are our future of developing country. India mostly depends upon the children of his present age.
- Every family should earn a decent living and good saving for the future of his children, and then children could get a decent life and education. It will be very helpful for their children and then people will not any need to send to his children on the work.
- Every family shall understand his kids for reducing the burden of the families, There are so many reasons in a family for child labour, results in the lesser child, education expenses, etc. they shall help to the reduce this all problems, then no one child will go for child labour.
- Each industrial company and his organizations should increase the employment opportunities for the adult workers; then child labour will replace from this all employees.
Child labour is also increasing by the huge number of organization, who keeps the child on work for his benefit. In the lots of countries, it is going on with the poor children. It is the very important social issue in the every country, and we have to make unity for solve it urgently. There are people are keeping the kids for his benefit. Hence for his benefit and interest, no child should be engaged in labor both from the legal point of view as well as the child’s future interest.
Essay on Child Labour
1321 Words6 Pages
Child labour is one of the topic that presents strong emotions, beliefs and opinions. Most people are opposed to the involvement of children in labour force activities when they are at an age when other activities, such as education and play, should be the central role in development. However, child labour represents an extremely difficult and complex issue which often extends beyond emotions, beliefs and opinions. Much of this has to do with the understanding that a wide variety of factors, such as economic, cultural, social, political and legal concerns, are part of any child labour problems as well as the solution to these problems. With this in mind, the purpose of this paper will be to…show more content…
However, while poverty is an important causal factor, it is often the case that it is not the only factor. For example, some studies have indicated that some child workers "...are from relatively affluent families, and engage in the business for excitement and pocket money"5. This would seem to suggest that "...cultural and economic factors here interact in complex ways to encourage child work and need to be understood together"6.
An examination of existing trends regarding child labour often reveals contradictory and even disturbing developments. More specifically, official data from most countries have shown "...a gradual, long-term decline in child labour, but many experts assert that recent economic crisis in the developing countries has led to an upsurge in juvenile workers"7. Even though child labour is primarily found in developing countries, and that this can be largely attributed to the economic, social and cultural environment, there is some indication of a resurgence in this activity in industrialized countries. Much of this activity also happens to be everywhere and familiar, such as a child who shines shoes for a living, who is at home tending younger children or who is helping in a family farm and business working such long hours that it is impossible to play or even attend school. If anything, this emphasizes that much of the attention that has been focused on