Focus of school uniform research paper on functionality
Focus on the school uniform policy which previously was a source of mockery and harassment and this has led to improvements on the school uniforms in terms of designs and even choice of color. School uniform plays various roles as outlined:
- Source of identification: here, as an essay writer, you should show how uniforms provide a sense of identity for institutions as well as the students. The identifying factor can come from either the color scheme or designs of the uniform or the badges and school names that are printed on the uniforms.
- Promotes equality: what equality brings is a sense of togetherness and unity. Uniform are a standardizing element. This is where you explain to your audience how it would be emotionally stressful for some students if there were no uniforms in school. Lack of which would mean attending school in home clothes. The problem of which would be some would obviously be better dressed than others. This in turn would affect the self-esteem of the less fortunate and affect their concentration and performance. On the other hand, those well off would probably take this as an opportunity to seclude some students based on class which would lead to bullying among other cases of indiscipline.
- Improves behavior of students: it is important to show the relationship of school uniforms and mannerisms, this is mostly because if students misbehave while having uniforms on, they are easily identified with the school and this has led the administration to put a lot of controls in terms of behavior. This continuously improves the behavior of the students and respectively improves the reputation of the school.
The debate about School uniform research papers
In the research, paper it is important to state the fact that school uniform has been debated a lot because it leads to an additional cost, which in some institution recurs after several years where all students have to get new uniforms to replace the old ones. Choice of school uniforms is also a topic of study because most institutions do not engage students or even the parents in the selection of colors or designs of the school uniforms, however we have seen improvements in that policy where students are asked to suggest colors with the meanings they hold and in some instances, there is an option of picking two colors to cater for diverse choices and some schools allow one to come up with their design of choice.
School uniform research papers should also address the differences of schools, which embrace school uniforms, and those that do not embrace school uniforms; one can look at things like
- Performance-look at subsequent results of schools, which embrace school uniforms and contrast with schools that do not embrace school uniform.
- Reputation-the reputation/what people think about a school that embraces school uniforms and those that do not embrace uniforms.
- Discipline-look at cases of indiscipline in both instances and contrast on the frequency and nature of the disciplinary cases reported.
- Cost-in writing school uniform research paper it is also important to look at the difference in the cost incurred to purchase uniforms in contrast with the cost of buying different outfits for students who wear home clothes and have to fit in by the mode of dressing which is influenced by various things like current trends.
While writing school uniform research papers, it would help a lot if as a writer you would get feedback from both the students as well as the teachers to help you understand what impact there has been because of schools agreeing on a similar garment design for a school. This will help you come out balanced and not biased in your research paper. You could also look at how long the practice has been in effect and what the future looks like for the same.
In conclusion, remember that apart from the school and the students, there are other players involved in this including the manufacturers of the uniforms and their input should as well be sought to complement school uniform research papers. We provide articles on school uniforms to augment your businesses or academic work. Contact us for details.
Ask a question
School Uniforms Essay
686 Words3 Pages
School uniforms should definitely be used in school systems. Uniforms are both good for schools as well as for the students. Wearing uniforms will help build a sense of unity within the school. Instead of everyone as a separate team, everyone will be in the same team. Wearing uniforms will help free students of the stress of what to wear in the morning. Wearing school uniforms will help improve student individuality and improve their self-esteem. First, wearing matching uniforms can make students feel equal. Poor students would no longer feel excluded because they are not wearing name brand clothes like the richer kids. Kids sometime tease each other because of the brand of clothes that they wear. Not all children’s parents are…show more content…
Social status will also be less of an issue because everyone would be wearing the same clothing. Uniforms will improve students’ individuality because they will have to express themselves through their personality and attitude, rather than through a brand name pair of jeans or an expensive pair of tennis shoes. Wearing uniforms will allow the teachers to form a better perception of a student based on how they act not by how they dressed. Students social standing would be based more on individual character. Wearing uniforms will help improve a student’s self-esteem because they will not feel pressured to dress a certain way. Students feel pressured by other students when they can’t dress like they dress. If all students are dressed the same, everyone will feel equal. Second, wearing uniforms will allow more time for studying. Students will be more focused on their school work and homework. Wearing uniforms will allow kids more time to do their homework, because they will not be focused on trying to find the hottest outfit to wear to school the next day. Students spend too much time trying to put together the perfect outfit for school. Wearing uniforms will allow kids the opportunity to understand what is more important and that is the school work as well as the homework. If students would put the same dedicated time into their school or homework that they put into trying to find the hottest